1) Share your memories with friends and family and get them to share theirs too. You may learn things that you didn’t know about your loved one.
2) Leave memorial flowers at your church, or another special spot such as the beach.
3) Create a memory box containing special items that belonged to you and your loved one. Place little notes in it with special memories on.
4) Put notes into a box with a lock on it. Place messages into this box and write things down which you wish you had said to your loved one before they passed away.
5) Make a collage of all your favourite photographs of your loved one and put it up on the wall where you can look at it anytime you like.
6) Honor your loved one’s favourite tradition.
7) Create a new tradition in remembrance of your loved one. For example you could light a candle and listen to your loved one’s favourite music on the 20th day of every month.
8) Hang a stocking at Christmas containing lots of loving memories of your loved one.
9) Gather your friends and family together in celebration of your loved one. Perhaps throw a remembrance party on the anniversary of their death.
10) Light a candle in your loved one’s memory.
11) Make a memory book of photos and memoirs of your loved one.
12) Donate money to a charity, or donate your time to help those less fortunate than you.
13) Wear a photo pin of your loved one or put their picture into a locket to treasure always.
14) Start a memorial trust or scholarship fund for your loved one.
15) Write a poem or a story about your loved one ( See Funeral Poems.org for ideas and inspiration)
16) Visit a place that you used to like going to together. Remember the good times you had there.
17) Hang a special bauble or ornament from the Christmas tree.
18) Plant a tree in memorial of your loved one. Place a plaque next to the tree with a message on it.