What is a peaceful heart? To make peace with loss you must cultivate peace in your heart. This is a challenge when your heart is broken. But it is achievable. We are meant to make peace with loss.
A peaceful heart:
1. Seeks simplicity, where life is not driven by either deprivation or accumulation.
2. Lets go of anxieties and false beliefs that we cling to as life preservers but that are actually fear preservers.
3. Knows that the things let go will cost little, that peace is incompatible with a need to cling.
4. Looks within itself, without judgment. Therein lies a deeper understanding.
5. Makes peace with uncertainty; knows that it does not know all.
Read more by Paul Coleman on Open to Hope: